Sunday, September 25, 2011

All things Jane

I gave up on my Tudor-themed reading list on because I just couldn't bring myself to keep on reading Philippa Gregory. I so wanted to love her but, I'm sorry to say, I found her books lacking.


Moving on, these are the books I'm reading at the moment:






The Austenite in me thought it was time for a reread of Emma and while reading it, I found myself drawn to these other books. I wasn't purposely going for a Jane-themed reading list, but I guess that's what happened. Even Jane Eyre found itself in the mix! I hate it, by the way, when people confuse Jane Austen with the Brontës and vice versa! 

I often wish my life would morph into a modern-day Austen novel and true enough sometimes I really think it has! Just the other night my boyfriend was giving me a scolding that so eerily reminded me of those that Mr. Knightley gave Emma. But no, Jane's not very kind to silly drama queens like me, is she? In her novels, some of them end up married to rakes! I better stick to reading.   

No comments:

Post a Comment