Friday, September 30, 2011

Yes Than Zero - Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl is back! Oh joy!

I must admit, though I’ve been a loyal CHAIR fan since the very first episode, I am in danger of getting swept off my feet by the dashing Prince Louis.



And the DAIR storyline, which I was so opposed to at first, is growing on me. A Blair + Dan pairing is not so unlikely when you think about it. They are a perfect match in intellect and verve. We should’ve seen this coming, really. Since episode one, their banters have been the best and the most interesting and everyone else’s pales in comparison.      



I’ve all but lost all love for Chuck. The bad boy act is getting old. In the deepest recesses of the feminine heart, I think we all want someone who thinks the world of us, treat us like queens and have great conversations with. Intelligence, culture and perfect manners are a plus. So, really, Chuck who?   He needs to step it up in a big way for me to change my mind.

As for Nate and Serena, they could be written off the show and I wouldn’t even notice. I don’t understand why the writers are so bent on establishing Serena’s intellect. Do they think that if they drop The Beautiful and Damned (aka Serena’s favorite book) often enough that people are going to start believing that Serena reads?!

As much as I love Blair and hate anyone who thwarts her success, I’m very excited for Roxane Mesquida’s character, Beatrice Grimaldi, Blair’s nemesis, no doubt.



 


She looks a bit like Charlotte Casiraghi (the real “princess” of Monaco) and Kaya Scodelario.   



But of course the main reason why we all watch GG is for the fashion, right? Best looks from episode 1: Serena's working girl ensemble and Blair's Oscar dela Renta ball gown! 



No comments:

Post a Comment