Monday, September 26, 2011

LA Candy by Lauren Conrad



Best friends and roommates Jane and Scarlet are new in LA. Jane is an intern for a famous even planner while Scarlet sleeps around and is a freshman at USC. They both get tapped to star in a reality TV show with two other girls, Madison, who is a bitch, and Gaby, who is an airhead.

Jane sleeps with a boy she really, really likes…but it’s complicated.  On top of it all, racy photos of them together somehow get leaked to the press.

I love Lauren Conrad and in my eyes she can do no wrong. That is all.



But if I didn’t love her and if I were pressed to give my honest opinion of this book she "wrote," I would say it was pretty horrible. But to be fair, I’m probably too old to be reading it to begin with. My 14 year-old self would probably have enjoyed it better.

It was light and easy to read with quite a few bits that made me want to roll my eyes. I did, in fact, roll my eyes. Needless to say, I wont be reading the two other books in the series. 

Best friend Scarlet is supposedly super smart. Her favourite philosopher is RenĂ© Descartes and she owns a mug that says “cogito ergo sum.” OMG. ‘nuff said.     


No comments:

Post a Comment